Das Ludwig Childcare & activities
Special highlights – recreation
There are many reasons to spend your family holiday at Familotel Das Ludwig, because a true paradise awaits all guests big and small. Thanks to the age-appropriate childcare 40 hours a week, there is plenty for the little explorers to experience. Whether it’s crafting, splashing around, painting, singing or letting off steam – there are no limits for your children at the family hotel!
Qualified childcare staff look after your offspring at Familotel Das Ludwig. The age-appropriate children’s programme alternates with various themed days. So boredom doesn’t stand a chance on your holiday! The outdoor playground, various indoor play facilities, a football pitch and volleyball and golf course also provide fun and variety!
The spacious Happy-Club with 800 square metres extends over two floors and leaves nothing to be desired. Every child will find something to do here. From a creative area for painting and handicrafts, a room with a children’s cinema or disco to a cosy reading corner – there is a lot to discover at the Happy Club. We are sure that your offspring will find a playmate right away. Qualified childcare staff also offer varied programme items. Popular hits are the:
- Happy-Club. 800 square metres of space to let off steam, play, laugh, do handicrafts and sing. The ball pit, climbing wall and children’s cinema are particularly popular. From time to time, even the Clown Happy mascot pays a visit to the children.
- Outdoor play area. 3,000 square metres offer so much space for real adventures! Whether it’s the playground with swings and a slide, the small football pitch or volleyball court – there’s something for everyone here.
- Toddlers’ Club. To ensure that the youngest guests are also lovingly looked after at Familotel Das Ludwig, there is a special toddlers’ club for them. Qualified childcare staff look after your offspring for 15 hours a week there.
Many different themed days take place as part of the age-appropriate childcare. From the Red Indian day with jewellery making, Red Indian tests and tracking in the forest to a Children’s Silly Olympics or a Forest Day – the children are offered all kinds of activities here. Little scientists and artists also get their money’s worth on the themed days.
One special highlight at the Das Ludwig family hotel are also the various sports camps (for a fee) for children. Whether it’s football camp, golf lessons or horse riding camp – your children will learn the different sports in a fun way over several days here. During the Bavarian school holidays, swimming lessons are even held here at the family hotel. So your little ones can learn to swim on holiday!
The Das Ludwig wellness hotel has its own thermal spa, as the mineral-rich healing water in the indoor and outdoor pools comes directly from Bad Griesbach’s Karlsquelle spring.
The family hotel’s wellness area has many more great highlights in store for you and your children:
- Golf: All golfers will find their paradise in Bad Griesbach. In addition to five 18-hole championship courses, there are also three 9-hole courses and two 6-hole practice facilities. As a special highlight, you can even play on two different 18-hole courses in one day and only have to pay one green fee. Of course, you can also take golf lessons during your holiday at Das Ludwig. Special golf packages round off a successful golfing holiday!
- Nordic walking & hiking: Countless hiking trails and Nordic walking routes stretch across the idyllic Rottal valley around the family hotel. Rolling hills and breathtaking nature await you.
- Cycling: The cycling network around the family hotel is also very well developed. 12 signposted cycle paths and mountain bike routes in all levels of difficulty are just waiting to be explored.
- Fitness: Work out in the hotel’s gym or join in one of the countless sports courses at the family hotel. So you can keep fit on holiday too!
There is not only plenty for families to experience at the family hotel itself, but also around the hotel. You and your children will love these destinations:
Tip 1: Passau, the city where three rivers meet (30 km).
Passau is one of the most beautiful Bavarian cities and can be easily reached from Das Ludwig. This is where the Danube, Inn and Ilz rivers meet. The city is characterised by picturesque squares and winding alleys. The boat trips on the Danube departing from there are also particularly worthwhile.
Tip 2: Pullman City theme park (40 km).
Have you and your children always wanted to feel like real cowboys? Pullman City western town has plenty of adventures, an entertaining show programme and live music in store. The large adventure playground is particularly popular with little cowboys.
Tip 3: Bad Griesbach high ropes course
The high ropes course in Bad Griesbach takes you higher and higher. You master courses in varying degrees of difficulty at dizzying heights. This is fun for children and adults alike!
Family holidays with Bavarian hospitality
A relaxed and charming family holiday with lots of traditional delicacies awaits you at the Das Ludwig family hotel in the middle of beautiful Lower Bavaria. In addition to golf, there are many other leisure activities here to ensure there is never a dull moment on your activity holiday with the family.