Spa- & Familien-Resort Krone Leisure
Leisure is fun at Familotel Krone.
Leisure is fun at Familotel Krone.
Fancy a lot of fun? Then Familotel Krone is the place for you. In addition to the everyday leisure options such as hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding, you will find selected activities such as waterskiing, ballooning, kite-flying, sailing, surfing, climbing, tennis, canyoning, swimming and golf. However, should you wish to spend some car-free time in the hotel complex, the panoramic indoor adventure pool with a jacuzzi, 3 paddling pools, the sauna fitness area with 4 saunas and the beauty wellness oasis offer a lot of variety. And in no way do the kids miss out. The adventure and forest playground, the game tent and 2 indoor play rooms ensure variety. The "Familotel Krone in Unterjoch" fulfils many leisure wishes.
Here, the kids are king.
Familotel Unterjoch has many highlights for little guests. At the hotel's horseriding school with 20 ponies and Haflinger horses, 3 trained riding instructors provide riding lessons for the kids & advanced riders. Lunging, vaulting in individual or group lessons, as well as rides in expert accompaniment are a hit. The small petting zoo produces unlimited enthusiasm among the very little ones. And in winter, you can learn to ski or refine your ability at the hotel's own ski, snowboard & children's ski school. Those who are interested can even learn to swim at Familotel Unterjoch.
- For the very little ones, Familotel Krone offers at least 42 hours/week of baby and infant supervision; there are many toys in the funnily equipped crawling room. The Happy Club is the key element for the little ones. The 3 funny paddling pools in the adventure pool are huge fun for the kids! Every morning at breakfast, Clown Happy comes by and brings you the current day programme.
- For children up to approx. 8 years there is a large adventure & forest playground for romping around in, a play and sports area for football, handball, volleyball or basketball, a 120 m2 games tent with 2 trampolines, street cars, as well as a large Bobbycar fleet. And lighting a campfire and having a barbecue without parents - that is something special. How about an adventure hike? In the stream or in the forest over rough and smooth!
- Youngsters of approximately 8 years and older can enjoy many indoor and outdoor activities combined with trips, e.g. summer toboggan runs, forest climbing garden, mountain adventure, mountain Indians, waterskiing, canyoning, rafting & archery as well as go-karting. You can take advantage of a variety of opportunities in the hotel complex, such as mountain bike tours, horseriding, darts, air hockey, table football and much more. An adventure barn also offers undisturbed holidays when the weather is bad.
Adventures for the whole family.
If you fancy doing something together with the children, the Krone family hotel is centrally located in the midst of many trip destinations. You can find countless things worth seeing within 30 km of the hotel, which is fun and makes your family holiday an even more intensive experience. For example, how about:
- The Holiday Fun Card Bad Hindelang PLUS. This advantage card is included in all prices: mountain railway rides, outdoor swimming pools, indoor adventure pools, indoor games hall, free parking, service buses in the Upper Allgäu & into the "Allgäu High Alps" nature reserve, tennis fitness park, tennis courts as well as discounts at 70 leisure providers in the Upper Allgäu. In winter, the ski passes, the ski buses, ice rinks and the toboggan runs are also included in the price.
- Activities and entertainment for the parents while the children are kept occupied and have fun. Anyone who wants to be active with sports with gymnastics meetings, Nordic walking, mountain biking, horseriding, swimming or hiking need only enter their name in the participants list and take part. How about a proper hut evening, a wine or beer-tasting or a carriage ride? It should simply be fun. You are also welcome to invite mum for a glass of wine or a cocktail at the bar in the evening; she will no doubt be pleased.
- Family hiking. Many hiking routes lead from the Krone family hotel through the breathtaking alpine world. Easy to medium mountain tours, cycling trips at lakes, gorges, ravines and mountain railways are a delight. Hike across lush green mountain meadows, pass gurgling mountain streams and thunderous waterfalls, observing cows, goats and little calves, and then enjoy a cosy snack in one of the child-friendly alpine huts. Simply pure nature.
- Summer toboggan runs. As many as five summer toboggan runs in the Upper Allgäu are available for you to choose from, including Europe's longest - family fun that is not to be missed. The toboggan runs are of course all reachable by train.
- Mountain adventures and mountain Indians: A special adventure for courageous people. Climbing tour with trained guidance, abseiling, climbing, daring gorge crossing on a rope, with rock descent and finally back to the starting point with the zip line. A special kick for kids from approximately 8 years and up and a challenge for dad as well.
Or what do you think of these options: proper hut evenings, torchlit hike with a stop for a snack at a local tavern, carriage rides, campfire with outdoor barbecue, sledging in the torchlight or Bavarian curling in the evening. At the Allgäu family hotel, nothing is impossible.
Trip tips around Familotel Krone.
At the Unterjoch family hotel, one feels royally entertained. But for all who nevertheless want to go further afield, there is a great deal to experience here. You can find three of countless trip destinations here:
Tip 1: Palaces & castles.
Make a detour to the castles of Bavarian King Ludwig, the famous fairytale castle Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau and Linderhof Castle. Also, castle ruins can be found throughout the region, all of which are still well preserved. Always worth seeing.
Tip 2: Leisure parks.
The biggest is the Skyline Park near Bad Wörishofen. It draws in the crowds with attractions like the Sky Wheel, the world's highest overhead rollercoaster, a huge slide or a massive bouncy castle. It is not far to Legoland Günzburg or Ravensburger Spieleland either.
Tip 3: Ski-flying hills.
Every year, the best ski jumpers in the world meet on the Oberstdorf ski jump for the start of the four-jump tournament. Slightly further away is the Heini-Klopfer ski jump, once the biggest ski jump in the world, on which distances of over 200 m are achieved. On the tower of the jump, one gets an idea of how much courage is required to ski down the 113 metre-long inrun.
Of course, you can obtain further trip tips at the Familotel Krone hotel reception.