Such a range of leisure opportunities is nowhere to be found – except at Familotel Sonngastein.
The biggest indoor play area integrated into a hotel in Austria is just one of many examples when it comes to having a great time and enjoying varied leisure at the Bad Gastein family hotel. The comprehensive wellness and recreation programme ensures the necessary relaxation. Winter wonderland! You can find pure skiing pleasure in one of Austria's leading ski resorts – "Skiwelt amadé". More than 800 km of slope with modern lift systems await you here. Free ski bus use included. Perfect for skiing, sledging, cross-country skiing or après-ski.
Great fun for kids.
At the Salzburger Land children's hotel, kids have everything – except boredom. No wonder, considering the opportunities one has to enjoy sensible, fun leisure time. Whether inside or outside, whether rain or shine. For example, how about:
- Adventure hall with a 1,600 m2 surface area and 1,001 possibilities for children and youths to romp around, do arts and crafts and play. With a bouncy castle, a 3-zone trampoline complex, a huge wave slide, go-karts, scooters, pedal vehicles of all types, basketball, handball, football, indoor hockey, massive building blocks, inline skating, a fairytale castle and so on. And brand NEW: a climbing bridge. 4 metres-high with a width of 11 metres.
- Outdoor playground. Right beside the hotel, an approximately 300 m2 outdoor playground with the following play equipment, in a sunny location, is available: double swing, wave slide, climbing ramp, wobbly bridge and climbing wall.
- Weekly teens' programme. For approximately 30 hours per week there is a special programme for youths, with brilliant activities, e.g. "Onto the alp by Segway", "Rolling downhill from the Schlossalm", "Climbing afternoon in Bad Gastein" as well as a colourful mix of fun, entertaining options.
- Children's supervision & children's weekly programme. With a total of 42 hours per week.
- The Salzburger Land children's hotel offers professional, age group-appropriate child supervision. In addition, it offers a variety of activities as part of the children's weekly programme at the hotel and outside, with brilliant trips in the nearby surrounding area.
Only families have such an experience.
There's everything for everyone at the Sonngastein family hotel. And everything is even nicer when the
activities are done together as a family. But the best thing is: you do not even need to leave Familotel Sonngastein for it. Football, basketball, tennis, fitness, beach volleyball, badminton and much more are offered right inside the Bad Gastein family hotel. Or how about, for example:
- Hiking in the fascinating hiking paradise – the Hohe Tauern National Park. Experience pure nature, far away from mass tourism. Here, everyone can find exactly the hike that suits them. Twice a week, hikes are also carried out right from the Familotel Sonngastein: a shorter as well as a longer hike.
- Golfing. The tee is so nearby! In just two minutes on foot, you will find outstanding golfing opportunities at the 18-hole Gasteiner golf course, one of Austria's oldest golf courses.
- Horseriding at the Gastein horseriding club. Just 300 metres away from the hotel, here you can book riding lessons or undertake rides. The Iceland horse farm "Haitzing Gut" offers riding lessons and rides on Iceland horses. In addition, children can groom, care for and feed the horses.
- Cycling. A professional bicycle park is available. For adults there are road bikes, trekking bikes and mountain bikes with a variety of equipment. For children and adolescents there are bicycles of all sizes, children's mountain bikes, children's seats, children's trailers as well as tandem structures. And then it's off on a brilliant family bicycle trip in the Gasteinertal.
- Additional weekly programme. Each week, Familotel Sonngastein puts together a varied programme for all generations, with fun, entertaining and healthy activities such as beach volleyball, table football or table tennis tournaments, football matches, archery, Segway riding and much more. Fun for the whole family.
By the way: after a day full of adventure, an exciting film awaits cinema fans at the hotel cinema "The Pupil". The programme consists of current films and classic films. Roll it!
Such a range of trips is a rarity.
The Gasteinertal and Salzburger Land have so many brilliant trip destinations to offer that it is not
possible to mention them all here. However, we would like to recommend a few
examples to you:
Tip 1: The Grossglockner High Alpine Road
Austria's most famous alpine road. 48 kilometres-long, with 36 turns and a highest point of 2,504 metres. It leads into the very heart of the Hohe Tauern National Park to the highest mountain in Austria, the Grossglockner, standing at 3,798 metres tall. In short: a special nature and travelling experience!
Tip 2: Salzburg.
Unique and many-faceted.The city, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, fascinates with its sights such as the Salzburg Residenz, the glockenspiel, the cathedral, the Franciscan Church, the horsepond, Hofstallgasse (street) and Hohensalzburg Castle. Or visit the birthhouse of probably the city's most famous son: Mozart.
Tip 3: The Salzwelten in Hallein.
The world's oldest visitors' mine awaits you and your family with many brilliant impressions and experiences. Go on a treasure hunt for the "white gold", following mysterious, age-old, kilometres-long tunnels that lead you into the interior of the mystical mine.
You can obtain all the information you need about this and other opportunities at the reception of the Salzburger Land family hotel.