Landhaus zur Ohe Leisure
There could not be more: leisure opportunities at Familotel Landhaus zur Ohe.
A holiday together is only really fun if all members of the family get their full money's worth. At Familotel Landhaus zur Ohe, that is no problem at all. In and around the family hotel, guests find a multifaceted range of leisure options that leaves nothing to be desired.
More play fun.
Cheerful children's laughing is the nicest thing one can hear on a family holiday. At the children's hotel in Bavaria, untroubled cheerfulness is the name of the game. On the hotel's huge outdoor area, with playgrounds and football areas, an outdoor swimming pool, a treehouse, a riding stable and 140,000 m2 of forest, meadows and streams, one can play and romp around to one's heart's content.
- Outdoor play world. Whether the brand-new toddler playground for 3 to 7-year-olds, the cool play complex for teens or the adventure playground built in collaboration with guests, with a large sandpit, a football area and a beach volleyball court, around the Landhaus zur Ohe family hotel everyone finds the right place to give his or her urge to play free rein.
- Kids' building site and Tool Time building time. Tool time! At the hotel's own kids' building site, little builders can be creative and test out their manual skills to their heart's content. For example, in building a wooden hut or carving. In addition, once a week Christian, the hotel manager, grabs dads, sons and "wild dames" and builds new play elements along with them. In this way, the treehouse, the Tarzan rope ferry, the adventure playground as well as more than 20 play stations in the adventure forest and by the Ohe River have already come into existence in the last few years. Unique in all of Bavaria.
- Riding stable, petting zoo and horse farm. What would a holiday in the countryside be without animals? As an equestrian farm in the middle of the Bavarian Forest, the Landhaus has many of them. Here, sheep, goats, rabbits, guinea pigs, dogs and cats await affectionate petting sessions. However, the absolute highlight remains the equestrian farm with its 15 ponies and horses. They are not only groomed and fed, but of course are also ridden daily through the magnificent Bavarian Forest mountains or on the riding corral.
- Indoor play world. The weather is bad. So what!? Luckily, at the children's hotel in Bavaria there are also extensive opportunities to play and romp around indoors. At the KIDSCLUB, experienced baby and toddler minders wait to spend time creatively with the little ones. In the any time play area with a climbing wall, a ball pit, a lego table, a play castle and a Nintendo Playstation, as well as a billiards table and a dartboard, kids can also play without the presence of a supervisor.
- Baby and child supervision, parents leisure programme. In the child supervision service, too, the family hotel places very high importance on sufficient exercise and fresh air. Scraped knees and dirty trousers are certainly part of this. As are the tired but happy faces of the children. Hermann, our wild outdoor child supervisor, takes care of this. Babies and smaller children are looked after by the four responsible and loving childminders at the baby hotel, who get to work with a great deal of imagination indoors. Parents do not get bored either. Family olympics, highland games, Bavarian triathlon, Nordic walking, National Park hikes, high ropes climbing garden – the list of leisure opportunities for parents at the Landhaus is long.
Familotel Landhaus zur Ohe is the ideal starting point for extended trips and day trips in the region. The sights and attractions are as diverse as the unique landscape of the Bavarian Forest – and can be reached conveniently by car. Fancy a little taster? Here you are:
Tip 1: Bavarian Forest National Park.
Directly accessible from the Lusen National Park Centre, on the 250 ha Neuschönau open-air ground for animals one can take a look at the animal inhabitants of the Bavarian Forest National Park. In addition to otters, beavers, eagle owls and brown owls, the particular attractions include lynxes, brown bears and wolves. Right beside it, the newly created Neuschönau treetop path awaits courageous families who dare to walk between the treetops at a height of up to 30 metres – virtually at eye level with the forest birds – and to marvel at the region from the 40 metre-high viewpoint tower "Das Waldei" (The Forest Egg).
Tip 2: Three Rivers City - Passau.
If shopping is the order of the day, it's off to Passau. Countless cafés, pubs, shopping centres and boutiques await in the popular student city on the Danube, Inn and Ilz. And if you fancy a bit of culture, there is the biggest baroque cathedral north of the Alps, the world's largest church organ and Passau's fortress "Veste Oberhaus". Anyone taking a day trip to Passau should be sure not to miss these and other highlights. The fortress offers a fantastic view of the time-honoured university city – and enthrals small and big visitors alike with a large number of exhibitions and events.
Tip 3: Pullman City.
The unique western town transports children and adults right back into 19th century America. A fantastic programme, with hourly changing shows, museums and adventure play areas, make a visit huge fun for the whole family.
Families can obtain further leisure and trip tips as soon as they arrive at the reception of Familotel Landhaus zur Ohe or on the hotel's website.