Simmerl - Childcare and activities
Great leisure fun: at Familotel Simmerl.
"When one goes on a journey, one can experience something!". Of course, that also applies to your family holiday in the Bavarian Forest. In the family and children-friendly holiday region in and around the Familotel Simmerl, you and your children can experience days full of excitement, activity and adventure.
Big fun for small guests.
During your holiday at the Bavarian Forest children's hotel, the time will fly by for your little ones. With a comprehensive programme with up to 42 hours of child supervision per week as well as a multifaceted range of play and leisure opportunities, entertainment is always ensured. Here are some examples of what is on offer:
- Adventure playground: On an area of more than 2,000 m2, this is the place for pure play fun! With a kids' ropeway, a rocking carousel, swings and much more, there is plenty of freedom for romping around at the Simmerl children's hotel. The highlight: the huge wooden tractor, built by Granddad Simmerl himself.
- Adventure barn: If the weather does not play ball, arts and crafts, painting and playing are on the agenda for your little ones in the Happy Club. And older children also get their full money's worth, with game evenings, table tennis, pinball, table football, cinema days and the particularly popular disco.
- Petting zoo: Here, not only do rabbits, chickens and goats await a few petting sessions, but also real horses. Your children's eyes are sure to light up when they undertake guided rides on the loyal ponies and Haflinger horses – or an exciting horse and cart ride.
- Swimming fun: The Bavarian Forest children's hotel's own indoor pool will enthral your children all-round with its own baby paddling pool and the funny waterspray clown. Meanwhile, the older ones can have fun in the large pool with its exciting water slide.
Many activities for sporty types.
There is plenty of scope for sports activities on your family holiday in the Bavarian Forest. Numerous hiking paths, such as the famous Goldsteig, are ideal for jogging, Nordic walking or cycling. Here are further options that allow you and your family always to stay on the move:
- Climbing: Ready for an extraordinary adventure? Then the new climbing forest in St. Englmar is the very place to be! Here, five fun courses take you up into airy heights. A highlight: the approximately 1 kilometre-long infant course with 50 different elements.
- Canoeing: Go on an exciting journey of discovery through the idyllic Regen Valley, also called "Bavarian Canada". You canoe trip takes you past reedy banks, lonely forests and picturesque villages. A must: a picnic together on the river bank.
- Skiing: In the cold season, the picturesque landscape of St. Englmar transforms into a true "winter wonderland". Awaiting you here in winter are a total of 13 ski lifts, 56 kilometres of groomed cross-country ski runs, 40 kilometres of cleared winter hiking paths, ski schools, ski hire and much more.
Wonderful trip destinations for everyone.
Why go far afield…? Around the Familotel Simmerl you will find an abundance of wonderful trip destinations that you can reach conveniently on foot or by car. You can choose between city trips to Regensburg or Straubing, a visit to one of the numerous zoos or a ride on the nearby summer toboggan run. And much more besides:
Tip 1: Bayerwald-Tierpark
On the approximately 10 ha-large site, discover more than 100 local and rare species, including otters, griffon vultures and wisents, in their natural habitat. A large number of events round off your visit – and make it an unforgettable experience for the whole family.
Tip 2: Passau
The "Venice of Bavaria" is always worth a visit. Here you can look forward to not just the picturesque old town with its typical lanes, but also a multifaceted range of cultural options. How about a visit to the many monuments, museums or theatres?
Tip 3: The WaldWipfelWeg
At a height of approximately 30 metres, enjoy the breathtaking view of the mountain ranges of the Bavarian Forest, the Danube Valley and the plains of the Gäuboden. The best thing for your little ones: The Nature Adventure Trail, as well as the Path of Optical Phenomena, which subjects the senses to a "hard" test with fantastic illusions.
Has your curiosity been aroused regarding the multifaceted leisure offerings on your family holiday in the Bavarian Forest? Then ask for further tips at Familotel Simmerl. Your hosts, the Pielmeier family, will be happy to advise you.