"When one goes on a journey, one can experience something!". Of course, that also applies to your family holiday in the Bavarian Forest. In the family and children-friendly holiday region in and around the Familotel Simmerl, you and your children can experience days full of excitement, activity and adventure.
Big fun for small guests.
During your holiday at the Bavarian Forest children's hotel, the time will fly by for your little ones. With a comprehensive programme with up to 42 hours of child supervision per week as well as a multifaceted range of play and leisure opportunities, entertainment is always ensured. Here are some examples of what is on offer:
- Adventure playground. On an area of more than 2,000 m2, this is the place for pure play fun! With a kids' ropeway, a rocking carousel, swings and much more, there is plenty of freedom for romping around at the Simmerl children's hotel. The highlight: the huge wooden tractor, built by Granddad Simmerl himself.
- Adventure barn. If the weather does not play ball, arts and crafts, painting and playing are on the agenda for your little ones in the Happy Club. And older children also get their full money's worth, with game evenings, table tennis, pinball, table football, cinema days and the particularly popular disco.
- Petting zoo. Here, not only do rabbits, chickens and goats await a few petting sessions, but also real horses. Your children's eyes are sure to light up when they undertake guided rides on the loyal ponies and Haflinger horses – or an exciting horse and cart ride.
- Swimming fun. The Bavarian Forest children's hotel's own indoor pool will enthral your children all-round with its own baby paddling pool and the funny waterspray clown. Meanwhile, the older ones can have fun in the large pool with its exciting water slide.
Many activities for sporty types.
There is plenty of scope for sports activities on your family holiday in the Bavarian Forest. Numerous hiking paths, such as the famous Goldsteig, are ideal for jogging, Nordic walking or cycling. Here are further options that allow you and your family always to stay on the move:
- Climbing. Ready for an extraordinary adventure? Then the new climbing forest in St. Englmar is the very place to be! Here, five fun courses take you up into airy heights. A highlight: the approximately 1 kilometre-long infant course with 50 different elements.
- Canoeing. Go on an exciting journey of discovery through the idyllic Regen Valley, also called "Bavarian Canada". You canoe trip takes you past reedy banks, lonely forests and picturesque villages. A must: a picnic together on the river bank.
- Skiing. In the cold season, the picturesque landscape of St. Englmar transforms into a true "winter wonderland". Awaiting you here in winter are a total of 13 ski lifts, 56 kilometres of groomed cross-country ski runs, 40 kilometres of cleared winter hiking paths, ski schools, ski hire and much more.