AIGO welcome family Leisure
A great atmosphere, all year-round: Leisure fun at the Aigo Family Hotel
Do you feel like a great holiday that you won't forget in a hurry? Then spend the best time of the year in Upper Austria. To be more exact: at the child- and family-friendly Aigo Family Hotel. This is where a great family holiday doesn't only come first, but where the experienced staff team at our 4* hotels also knows the ingredients for a superb family holiday – all the way from A to Z.
In short: this child-friendly hotel in Austria is dedicated to the comfort of all of its guests, whether young or old. And you can be certain of feeling comfortable here. Whether it's at our very own Spa World or at our wellness centre with your other half or your children: relaxation and enjoyment are guaranteed. The same applies to your meals in our extensive restaurant, where you can enjoy culinary treats from the local region.
So when are you going to spend some time at the sunny side of the Bohemian Forest?
A firework of colourful playing ideas.
If their children are happy, the parents can relax! These are words that apply to almost any family holiday with children or teenagers. And it is also something of which the professionally trained childcare staff at our family hotel are well aware, who prepare a colourful variety of events full of play, fun and adventure every day.
This means you can relax for once while your children join the hotel's mascot Aigolino and go dancing at the mini disco, set off on an exciting adventure hike in the woods, bake their own pizza at the Kids Club – or experience special evenings by the camp fire. And there is one place that is certain to put a smile on the children's faces:
- The outdoor adventure playground. This much is sure: the only cars your little ones will get to see on the extensive and protected outdoor area of our family hotel in the Bohemian Forest are bobby cars and other pedal cars. How does a "wild race" sound on our specially designed course? Away from all the action in the "car free zone" are the traditional, carefree attractions such as slides, swings and a roundabout. Not to mention all of the digging and building in the sandpit.
- Indoor Fun Park. Let's be honest: bad weather isn't welcome on holidays! But what happens if it comes along nevertheless? Then it's time to go indoors at our child-friendly hotel, where more than 3,000 sqm. facility make sure our younger guests won't be getting bored any time soon. For example, at the breath-taking softplay facility, the most adventurous of all boulder walls, and a perfectly equipped sports hall. And with the professional childcare staff always close at hand, staying indoors is quite simply great fun.
- Baby- and childcare. Going on your first ever holiday with your baby can often be something of an adventure for new parents. Not so at the Aigo Family Hotel. Here, excellent facilities for babies, excellent childcare for the youngest member of your family, and even swimming for babies are all offered as standard. And for at least 14 hours per week. And if your children are older our facilities enable us to offer 10 hours of childcare per day.
- And where could the "oldies" put this time to better use than relaxing at our very own wellness area, which features a 2,500 sqm. luxury spa world and wellness oasis?
- Teenagers. When it comes to a holiday with "young adults" that the Aigo knows what's what. This is a place where cool or uncool doesn't come into it: teenagers have their very own teenagers' room where they can spend time with their friends – and hang out without their little brother or little sister annoying them for once! With Wii, darts, air hockey and billiards on offer, they can enjoy spending time with their peers.
A firework of sports activities.
Whether it's cycling or mountain biking through the beautiful Bohemian Forest, 3D archery in Peilstein, or tennis, football, basketball and volleyball at the hotel's very own Fun Court: the region around the Aigo welcome family is the ideal starting point for a first rate, active holiday in every season. Here, it isn't just hikers and mountaineers who are rewarded with magical views of the Mühlviertel region, the Czech Republic and Lake Moldaustausee. And the views are just another good reason for getting fit on your family holiday. Here are some more activities for sports enthusiasts:
- Hiking & walking. Do you feel like exploring the stunning natural scenery in the Bohemian Forest? Then let's go! Some of the most beautiful hiking trails in Upper Austria start right on the doorstep of our hotel in the Mühlviertel region. It is up to you whether you would rather take things nice and easy or head out on one of the more demanding tours. If you decide you would like to go Nordic Walking, reception will be pleased to lend you a set of sticks: naturally free of charge.
- Climbing. Do you and your kids like nerve-jangling adventures and pure excitement? Then the Bohemian Forest High Ropes Park (Hochseilpark Böhmerwald) – the biggest park of its kind in Upper Austria – is the right place for you. This is where you can put your strength and stamina to the test on courses with different levels of difficulty – and prove your courage balancing, swinging, sliding and climbing with your children at lofty heights. It goes without saying that your children's safety is always the top priority at tourist attractions of this kind.
- Golf. The Aigo Family Hotel is the ideal starting point for varied enjoyment of the sport of golf. As a member of the Danube-Bohemian Forest Golf Region, the Aigo can offer its guests special green-fee offers and training sessions. Ask at reception after you arrive. The nearest golf course in the Golf Region is the 27-hole Golfpark Böhmerwald which is just a 15-minute drive away. Here, guests can put their skills to the test on a championship course (72 par) or a 9-hole panoramic course (58 par). You can also work on your shots at one of the 70 modern, partially covered driving ranges, or set to work on your handicap on the extensive practice course with two putting greens.
- Winter sports. Whether with or without snow, a winter holiday offers you and your dearest ones almost endless possibilities. And if the weather is right, this is a region that is ideal for great skiing. When it snows it's time for the children to get their skis, snowboards or sledges and make for the nearby Hochficht skiing area or Schöneben cross-country centre! And things couldn't be better, because your hotel offers a shuttle bus straight to the resort, as well as free rentals of sledges and bobs and its own ski store and ski shoe dryer.
A firework of superb views.
Our region offers numerous opportunities for great family day trips. Here are a few tips for excursions with children: Villa Sinnenreich in Rohrbach for instance, and the medicinal plants garden in Klaffer am Hochficht. Or how about a day trip taking in Passau in Bavaria and Krumau in the Czech Republic, both of which are within easy reach by car? These highlights should also be on your holiday plan:
Tip 1: Altenfelden wildlife park
"Don't be afraid of wild animals" is the motto during your visit to one of the biggest wildlife parks in Austria. This is where you can expect to find 800 species, some exotic, such as ibex, red deer, zebras, cheetahs, badgers and wild boar. And the best thing: Instead of hiking through the extensive area, you can take a train ride through the park on the popular "Bummelzug". So save your feet – and your holiday fund, since the train tickets are included with entry. (25 km)
Tip 2: The Lipno treetop trail (Baumwipfelpfad Lipno)
This is a view that will make all of your friends at home jealous. No wonder: the first trail of its kind in the Czech Republic enables you to enjoy unique panoramic views of an equally unique natural landscape. With its information points at heights of up to 24 meters, it doesn't just create excitement in the youngest of adventurers. The absolute highlight: the 40-metre-long observation tower with its unique architecture – and disabled-friendly access. (45 km)
Tip 3: Linz.
Those who make a visit to the beautiful city on the blue Danube will never forget their stay. And not without reason. The state capital of Upper Austria is home to numerous historic sights and offers any number of excellent leisure and tourist attractions, such as a visit to the Linzer Schloss (Linz Castle), with its extensive universal museum, or a tour of the picturesque old town, to name but two activities. And it goes without saying that a trip on the Danube should also be on your list. (60 km)
As you can see: there is plenty to see and even more to do during a holiday at our family hotel in the beautiful Aigen-Schlägl region. And the hotel team will always have some insider tips if you are in need of any more inspiration. Feel free to ask them for their recommendations once you've unpacked – or when you make your booking.