Elldus Resort Childcare and activities
Experience leisure fun at its purest: at the Elldus Resort – Erzgebirge Family Hotel
The Elldus Resort offers you and your loved ones a varied, first rate leisure programme which is so good that your family holiday in the Erzgebirge region will simply fly by.
How exciting is that?
Keeping your children happy on a family holiday isn't always easy. It is therefore all the better that your hosts, the Ellinger family, and the whole team have so much experience managing holidays with children.
At the Elldus Resort, your dearest ones can embark on informative tours of discovery in the local area, enjoy fun children's parties, take part in exciting torch-lit evening walks, and visit the little petting zoo where they can feed the goats and sheep. Then there is a place that's fun all year around:
- Fips Kinderwelt: When Fips the little dragon calls, children are guaranteed to have fun! In his 150 m2 realm, one thing applies before everything else – you can do everything that you want. Whether it's playing, art and craft work, or joining one of the fairy story afternoons, it's all great fun. Always at hand: the experienced child care team at our family-friendly hotel. That's because you're always better playing safe!
- The Fips "Spielebogen" adventure playground: When the weather is good, children want to play outside. And that should be no surprise when there's so much on offer: sandpits, swings, slides, the Wolkenburg park, a junior car racing track, trampolines and even a real tree house. Especially popular with the little ones: The mini-golf course, which is an invitation for exciting competitions.
Have we forgotten something? Right: Thanks to our excellent childcare you can spend more quality time with your other half. Perhaps you would like to spend some time getting to know the other parents at the hotel – or how about heading for a relaxing time at the wellness area at the resort.
How sporty is that?
The Elldus Resort isn't just the perfect backdrop for guests who love the great outdoors and those seeking rest and relaxation. It is also the ideal starting point for sports activities such as hiking, walking or cycling. And if you're a winter sports enthusiast you can be certain of finding satisfaction in Saxony: as soon as the first snowfalls, the area surrounding the Elldus Resort provides excellent conditions for skiing with children.
- Elldus fitness: Have you ever heard of the Milon circle? This unique combination of power training and endurance training – developed according to the latest knowledge from the area of sports science – can ensure you enjoy a safe, effective and time-optimised workout. Give it a go! The trainers will be pleased to assist you.
- Swimming: Are you and your family water rats? Then you can take to one of the many natural lakes, open air swimming pools and adventure swimming pools in the Oberwiesenthal region – where you will be certain to feel in your element.
- Fichtelberg sports centre: A top tip awaits you just 200 metres away from the hotel – and not just for colder days. This is where you and your kids can go bowling, play tennis or play football to your hearts' content in the unique Erzgebirge Indoor Soccer Arena.
- Fichtelberg/Klinovec Interski region: Families who love winter sports find exactly what they are looking for in the biggest skiing area in the Erzgebirge region - from skiing courses for children, to more than 33 kilometres of pistes, to toboggans.
How beautiful is that?
Whether it's Chomutov wildlife park, the Erzgebirge model railway or the Fichtelchen adventure trail: there is much to see and discover around the Elldus Resort. But the local region also has lots to offer, with many of the local destinations within easy reach on public transport or by car.
Tip 1: Historic horse-drawn carriage tours
When the driver sounds his horn at the beginning of a 30-minute trip on a horse-drawn carriage through the Oberwiesenthal, it isn't just the youngest guests' eyes that light up. This is a superb tourist attraction that has enthused generations of visitors time and again from all over the world since the mid-1950s. "Climb aboard the yellow carriage …"
Tip 2: The Fichtelberg cable cars
Only flying is nicer! This is probably what you'll be thinking as you take a trip on the oldest cable cars in Germany at the Fichtelberg. What can you and your entourage expect to see at an altitude of 1,215 meters? The answer is absolutely fantastic panoramic views and the 31-meter-high viewing tower at the Fichtelberg summit.
Tip 3: The Greifensteine open-air stage
Do you feel like enjoying a special kind of cultural experience? Then this small open-air stage in the heart of the Erzgebirge is the right place for you. At the Greifensteine, you and your family can enjoy any number of concerts or film showings in the summer months. A special highlight: the performances by the Eduard-von-Winterstein Theatre, which have been held here for over 120 years.
Are you curious? Then start looking forward to the attractive programme of leisure events which the team at the Elldus Resort, your family hotel in the Erzgebirge puts together for its guests every week in both the summer and winter months. The latest programme will be available upon your arrival at reception. Get ready to be excited!