A special kind of leisure experience: holiday in the Familotel Sonnenpark Willingen.
Hotel's own leisure offer
It would be virtually impossible to replicate the amount of fun you and your family can experience on a holiday in the Familotel Sonnenpark in any other holiday region. It is not just the 18,000 square metre hotel and park complex that offers you countless opportunities. The region around Willingen also has numerous highlights to offer.
Special fun for children.
At the Sonnenpark Familotel, our passion for our young guests is a huge priority. This can be seen by our 12 hours of childcare per day provided by the Happy-Club as well as the diverse children’s activities, crammed full with action and fun. Among other things, your children can look forward to:
- XXL „Sunny“ Adventureland. This is where the fun comes into play! On about 1,000 square metres, your children will find everything their heart’s desire. From the thrilling double trampoline, to the bouncing castle and table tennis tables, and the unique soft play area over four storeys.
- AquaParadiso swimming complex. Young (and old) water lovers are guaranteed to have a ball here: as well as a baby swimming area, the generous swimming complex offers an indoor children’s pool with a great snake slide and mysterious water grotto.
- Outside play areas. Your children will be in for a great surprise here: there is a huge amount to experience and discover on the completely car-free site of the Familienhotel Sonnenpark. For example, the rope climbing tower, the play street with its own BIG vehicle fleet and the giant Robinson adventure playground, and, and, and ...
Something special for everyone.
Do you feel like playing some sport? Then off you go — all you need to do is choose what. The activities on offer at the Willingen World of Leisure range from ice skating and adventure mini golf, to climbing and summer tobogganing and go-karting. Here are just a few examples:
- The Bike Arena Sauerland. The giant network of pathways and traffic-calmed routes is a dream for all bike racers and mountain bikers. Of course, you can always enjoy the fresh air and fantastic views in a slightly less sporty way — for example, on a family bike ride.
- The Willingen climbing wall. Reach your limits! A total of 64 routes, in a range of difficulties — you just have to conquer them. And if you’re a beginner climber, our staff can provide you with instructions on climbing and safety techniques.
- The Willingen Kart and Bowling Centre. The ideal destination for anyone who really wants to burn some rubber on their holidays — and have thrilling duels. Or would you prefer something a little less strenuous? Then it’s off for a round of bowling complete with light show and disco music.
Special tips for your family excursions.
The ideal location of the Familotel Sonnenpark is the perfect starting point for excursions with the whole family. You can choose from countless destinations. Here are just three examples:
Tip 1: The Diemelsee reservoir.
Embedded in green meadows and forests, this natural lake offers you a unique paradise of water, hiking and leisure. You can go Nordic walking and mountain biking as well as swimming, sailing, surfing and canoeing. And if you want something a little more unusual, you can explore the underwater world of the lake during a dive.
Tip 2: The FORT FUN Adventureland.
On the 75 hectare site of the Western-styled leisure park, you and your children will have a great adventure. Over 40 exciting rides and attractions as well as thrilling shows await you.
Tip 3: Castle Waldeck.
The palatial castle grounds dating back to the 12th century are situated on a hill over the Edersee reservoir and whisk their visitors away to another era. The castle grounds contain a museum and restaurant among other things. From the castle, it is possible to see far across the lake to the dam. Not far from Castle Waldeck is the Edersee wildlife park, which is also more than worth a visit.
Of course, these are only a small selection of the available leisure activities. Ask at reception about further tips when you arrive at the Familotel Sonnenpark Willingen.