Happy leisure fun: at the newly renovated Familotel Alphotel.
Whether summer or winter — one wants to experience something in one's leisure time. How good that Familotel Alphotel is precisely tailored to this. In the winter, skiing, cross-country skiing and sledging are the order of the day — activities that can be pursued right beside the hotel. Because Familotel Alphotel is located at the mid-height point of the Schlösslelift. The slopes behind the hotel take you to the most beautiful descents of the Heuberg Arena, the heart of the Kleinwalsertal valley ski resort. Beside the hotel, the children's skiing arena was set up, with its own sun kid magic carpet. In the summer one can hike, climb, swim or cycle as one wants.
If the children are happy, the parents are too. And at Familotel Alphotel, everything is done to ensure that your children lack nothing — except boredom. In fact, there is always something to experience and discover. Whether torchlit hikes, adventure theatre, barbecue parties, night-time hikes or classic tractor rides. Or how about these options:
- Alphotel Baby and Kids Club. In short: the perfect supervision of your kids. The large playground around the Alphotel holds many exciting journeys of discovery ready. Everything has been thought of — hiking, climbing or really running riot on the adventure playground.
- Alpi's Outdoor Adventure World offers enthralling fun, with Alpi's rock castle with underground passageways, a football area, a bouncy castle, a play stream with barrages, a climbing tower, a massive sandy building site with a children's digger, a swing and a slide.
- Fred's Swim Academy. Swimming is a good thing to learn. Here, in the 3-stage swimming learning system, the children, in the respective development phases, are lead effectively to stylistically correct swimming. With specially designed "swim trainers" a methodical lesson programme and trained swimming instructors.
- ALPHOTEL Water World with baby splashing arena. In the hotel's own indoor swimming pool and the splashing arena, the kiddies can conquer the wet stuff (30° C) on an area of more than 100 m2. Loads of attractions await them here, from the crocodile slide to the water snake and the popular spraying parrot.
- Pony riding. Mount! The Shetland ponies Whisky, Cola and Fuzzy are always at the ready. As part of the child supervision service, once a week the Alphotel kids are brought in the hotel bus to the ponies and can venture their first guided pony rides. Children from 2 years of age and up can take part.
By the way, in the Baby Club, with super-soft baby equipment, the very little ones are also in good hands. Making the parents happy.
Familotel Alphotel is the perfect place for doing things together. In the Kleinwalsertal you will find a varied, active range of sports and family opportunities, including canyoning, climbing, sunrise trips, Nordic walking, day trips to the Kleinwalsertal peaks, waterskiing, wakeboarding and family rafting. Or how about...:
- Hiking trips: Enjoy the unique alpine world of the Kleinwalsertal with the whole family. A hiking path network of more than 150 km awaits you. You go through three climate zones in the process and hike at an altitude of 1,000 to 2,536 metres. From easy to challenging hikes, from short to long hikes - everything is on offer. Specially for kids and teens aged 7 and over, Familotel Alphotel offers interesting adventure trips during the holiday times, with a visit to the cheese dairy and cave exploration. Together with the child supervisors, they discover the surrounding alpine world.
- Mountain biking: Discover the Walserberg on a bike. Wonderful! There are plenty of trips, from easy to challenging. Those who like to ride in a group can join an experienced guide with local knowledge. Good to know: minor repairs can be carried out at bike service stations located at various alpine huts. In addition, the bike park — a circuit with steep bends and jumps — offers a lot of variety and excitement. Anyone who does not own their own bike can of course hire a high-quality bike of the Canadian high-end manufacturer Rocky Mountain.
- Alpine Coaster Toboggan Run. Germany's longest toboggan run. The approximately 3 km-long stretch, with its 68 bends, 23 waves, 7 jumps and 4 bridges over paths, ravines and streams offers pure enjoyment. The rapid, nerve-jangling descent lasts between six and ten minutes.
- Bärenfalle high-ropes garden. Bavaria's largest high-ropes climbing garden and one of the most beautiful complexes in the Allgäu! It has more than 13 different high-ropes garden courses with approximately 150 elements installed at a height of between 1 and 15 metres in the trees. Yellow, orange and green courses are specially designed to meet the needs of children. Trained safety trainers are permanently available to provide assistance, if desired. Let's go!
Happy customers: brilliant trip tips.
At Familotel Alphotel, you will find the perfect conditions for an unforgettable family holiday. However, you will also find brilliant opportunities to experience something in the near and further-away surrounding area. Here, we would like to present three nice trip tips to you:
Tip 1: Ore Mine Adventure World in Sonthofen-Burgberg.
Approximately 40 minutes away, you will find a mine experience of a different kind. Go on a tour of discovery yourself in the museum village. Find out interesting things about the history of mining. Get to know the life and work of the miners in iron ore mining from the 14th to the 19th century. Immerse yourself in the underground world of miners — on a guided tour with a "Grubi".
Tip 2: Mini World - H0 Model Landscape in Oberstaufen.
Can be reached in only 50 minutes. A must for model railway fans. A track length of more than 2,400 metres, 400 switches, 172 trains and 2,430 carriages on an area of more than 300 m2 make a visit an experience worth having.
Tip 3: Sea Life Underwater World in Konstanz by Lake Constance.
Can be reached in approximately 2 ¾ hours. The journey is worth it. You will be thrilled by more than 3,000 animals in over 30 fascinating pools and aquaria, whether it be the ocean turtles, the gentoo penguins, the blacktip reef sharks or the special exhibition "Invasion of the Crabs". In addition, there are daily feedings and entertaining presentations.
You can obtain more information about these and other opportunities at the reception of Familotel Alphotel.