Borchard's Rookhus Childcare and activities
A family holiday in the Mecklenburg Lake District, at the heart of the Müritz National Park, promises a great deal of relaxation together with a huge range of recreational activities. Young and old guests of the Familotel Borchard´s Rookhus can look forward to inspiring moments full of play, fun and excitement ...
With a jolly range of playtime activities and up to 51 hours of childcare, we guarantee that you will never be bored on your holiday at the Kinderhotel in Mecklenburg. And among other things, our little guests can look forward to:
- Petting zoo: Taking care of animals is a lasting experience, especially for city kids. And there is an abundance of animals at the Kinderhotel in Mecklenburg. It’s not easy to decide whether to have a cuddle with the rabbits and cats first — or greet Egon the donkey beforehand.
- Rookhus knight’s castle: Above the holiday complex of the hotel stands the 80 square metre Rookhus knight’s castle, which will make your children’s hearts beat faster just by looking at it. The real pirate flag promises a thrilling adventure. And children can really experience this with a slide, the climbing wall, shutters to hide behind and the suspension bridge.
- „Borchard´s Badehus“: The newly opened modern indoor pool at the Familotel Borchard´s Rookhus offers guests young and old pure bathing enjoyment. Because parents can relax and swim lengths here, while their children enjoy hilarity in the separate pool with water slide and duck squirting water.
Be it on bike, by boat or on foot — the picturesque landscape of the Müritz National Parks offers lots of opportunities for an active family holiday. Some examples of the breathtaking views and thrilling diversity around the Borchard's Rookhus in Wesenberg:
- Water sports: Not far from the hotel is the Labussee lake, which is perfect for swimming, surfing and canoeing. Motorboats, pedal boats and canoes can be hired directly from the hotel. And fishers can also enjoy it here. Because the clean, natural lake harbours pike, perch and carp, as well as many other fish species.
- Winter sports: The Winter Arena of the Familotel Borchard's Rookhus am See ensures hilarious skiing and tobogganing fun during the winter. Not only is there a tobogganing track for plastic sledges and the thrilling ski carousel, guests will also find a ski lift and ski school here.
- Riding: If you prefer to spend your family holiday on a horse, then you’ve come to the right place at the riding centre of Borchard's Rookhus in Wesenberg. Horse lovers — and those who would like to be such — can share their love with the faithful equine friends.
By the way: You can find the full riding programme of the Familotel Borchard´s Rookhus in the „Riding“ column, on this page.
Despite its idyllic location, the Borchard's Rookhus in Wesenberg is situated in an extraordinarily central position. Not only can you reach cities, such as Hamburg, Berlin and Rostock, easily by car, there are also many nearby sights and leisure parks. Here is just a small selection:
Tip 1: Feldberger Seenlandschaft Nature Park
A piece of unspoiled nature is offered by the 35,000 hectare park, with its countless animal and plant species. Particularly exciting for visitors: experiencing the native sea eagles and osprey and the lesser spotted eagle in action.
Tip 2: EL DORADO Templin
Straight into adventure! In the unique atmosphere of this Wild West town, families can experience adventure, fun and action. With lots of attractions, thrilling stunt shows and traditional Indian dancing, you’re guaranteed to feel like you’ve stepped straight into the Wild West.
Tip 3: Peenemünde
With its many interesting museums, the little town on the island of Usedom in the Baltic Sea is ideal for day trips. As well as the historic technical museum, visitors can also visit the U-boat museum. The best thing for your little ones: the toy museum, with over 25,000 exhibits from the last three centuries.
The reception at the Familotel Borchard´s Rookhus or our hotel’s website can provide you with many more tips for recreational activities.