Leisure for as far as the eye can „sea“: a family holiday at the Familotel Deichkrone.
Water. Wind. Waves. If you decide to take a family holiday at the Familotel Deichkrone, you can look forward to the maritime flair and the various leisure activities on offer. In and around the child and family-friendly hotel, families will find a diverse range of spa treatments, games and sports on offer.
Action for the whole family as far as the eye can „sea“.
Here comes happiness! Families can experience many sporting highlights, not just at the Deichkrone in Norddeich itself. Along the nearby banks, there are various opportunities for hiking, walking, kite-surfing, mountain biking and ... the list goes on ... Here are a few examples:
- Swimming fun for all. In the hotel’s own large swimming pool, experienced swimmers can swim lengths in the mornings — while the little ones can enjoy the splash pool with rainbow slide.
- Flipper school. The Kinderhotel in Norddeich offers young guests the chance to learn to swim using the „Flipper“ principle with its holiday swimming school. But of course, fun in the cool water is always the priority. On a tour of discovery. While the adults explore the region on the cycling and hiking trails, children are well looked-after and entertained. And if you are planning a bike ride with the whole family, the hotel can provide children’s cycles or children’s seats free of charge.
- On a tour of discovery. While the adults explore the region on the cycling and hiking trails, children are well looked-after and entertained. And if you are planning a bike ride with the whole family, the hotel can provide children’s cycles or children’s seats free of charge.
Freedom for little adventurers for as far as the eye can „sea“.
If your children are happy, this normally means the family holiday is a complete success. We at the Kinderhotel in Norddeich know this as well — and offer our younger guests lots of space for boisterous games and exciting discovery tours, as well as attentive childcare. Here are some of the best highlights:
- For running around and exercise: the large children’s playground, with tower, slide, fireman’s pole, cargo net, dual swing and wobbly seesaw.
- Especially for the little ones: the large indoor playground, with climbing frame, Lego corner, painting table and cosy corner, means that boredom doesn’t stand a chance, even in poor weather.
- Especially for the bigger ones: at the Familotel Deichkrone in Norddeich, „young guns“ sometimes like to take some time out as well. And test their strength with exciting foosball or electronic darts tournaments.
„Sea“ some more tips for a successful holiday.
The central location of the Deichkrone in Norddeich is perfect of extended day trips with the whole family. You can take a boat trip to Norderney, or an excursion to the historic cities of Norden or Marienhafe. Here is just a small selection of popular tourist destinations:
Tip 1: Loppersum
If Pisa is still too far to go to see the famous leaning tower, then you’ll strike gold here in Loppersum instead. The tower there leans by almost 3° more than its famous counterpart in Italy — and you can get there quicker too.
Tip 2: Wadden Sea National Park
The Norddeich seal breeding and research centre offers an insight into the life of seals and other animal residents of the Wadden Sea National Park. Especially exciting: visit the whale centre or feed the cute abandoned seal pups.
Tip 3:"Ocean Wave"
Water lovers of all ages will really enjoy „Ocean Wave“. The modern wave pool offers thrilling play, relaxing moments and sporting activities all under one roof.
Tip 4: small. Smaller. Leeraner Miniaturland.
Visitors here can experience the beautiful East Frisian cities and sights at a scale of 1:87 — over an area of about 1,200 square metres. If you fancy something sweet to eat after so many sweet little miniature models, you can make yourself comfortable in the Leuchtturm cafe for coffee and cake.
Tip 5:Dornum Castle
If you fancy a little time travelling, then you should definitely plan for a trip to Dornum Castle. As one of the most beautiful moated castles in East Frisia, these historic grounds, with its magnificent Baroque facade and sprawling parks, are always enchanting.
By the way: „sea“ our hotel website for more information about the extensive range of recreational activities in and around the Familotel Deichkrone in Norddeich — or ask at the reception of the child and family-friendly hotel on the coast of the North Sea in East Frisia.