Leisure time at Familotel Frieslandstern
The spacious site of Familotel Frieslandstern offers you and your children a large number of relaxation opportunities. And with an attractive range of play and leisure options, fun does not get a raw deal here either. If you fancy an extended day trip, the region offers you a large number of trip destinations. In short: here you can have a good time!
Good things for kids.
Children, what holidays are in store for you! At Frieslandstern, a colourful and varied programme is offered for little guests of all age groups. The huge playground, with its own beach volleyball field as well as the "Friesendiele" hall, offer sufficient space for playing, romping around and doing arts and crafts. And your children will also enjoy the following:
- "Kinnerstuv". Is it chucking it down with rain outside? Who cares! In the indoor play area of Frieslandstern Horum, your little ones have no reason to feel gloomy. Fantastic adventures can be had here too, together with the trained supervisors.
- Horseriding. Five days a week, all focus is on the 30 Friesian horses and Haflinger horses of the family hotel by the North Sea.
Plenty of action.
Exercise and fresh air not only stimulate one's appetite, but also do good to the body. On your family holiday at the family hotel by the North Sea you can enjoy the diverse range of sports opportunities of the Wangerland to the full. Here, hiking, walking, jogging and water sports are on the agenda. Here is a little taster:
- Swimming and wellness. At the "Frieslandtherme" pool in Horumersiel, you and your little ones can experience pure swimming fun and relaxing moments. In addition to three comfortably warm pools for swimming, diving and splashing about, the modern leisure and adventure pool also offers a wellness area and a sauna area.
- Bicycle touring. The Wangerland offers you approximately 200 kilometres of well signposted cycling tour paths. Reason enough to explore the region, with its blossoming meadows, historic sights and quaint villages, by bike – and have a fresh breeze blow around your nose.
- Mudflat hiking tours. Experience the Wadden Sea World Heritage Site with all the senses. The guided mudflat hiking tours give you and your children an insight into the plant and animal world of this unique habitat. It is quite an experience!
Good things for everyone.
The holiday region around Familotel Frieslandstern is one of the most popular holiday areas by the North Sea. And not without reason. The Wangerland offers you a large number of unique trip destinations and sights, as shown by this small selection:
Tip 1: Helgoland.
There are many good reasons to visit Germany's unique deep-sea island. You can look forward to a multifaceted nature and adventure world on the boat trips, which take place daily between May and September. And of course to the island's landmark – the famous "Long Anna".
Tip 2: Nationalpark-Haus Wangerland.
Discover the Wadden Sea World Natural Heritage Site in informative and exciting events. Particularly popular with little visitors: the 7,000-litre-capacity aquarium, in which the inhabitants of the North Sea can be admired from up close.
Tip 3: Hooksiel.
The small town, mentioned in a document for the first time in 1479, is perfect for your family outing. Here, not only can you discover many historic buildings, the sluice gate structure or the "Old Port", but you can also spend a day by the sea on the town's nice sandy beach.
Tip 4: Boat trips.
Ride with ocean carrier Ilse to the seal sandbanks or the JadeWeserPort with its display fish. An exciting adventure for the whole family.
Do you want to have a good time? Then obtain further leisure and outing tips as soon as you arrive at the Hotel Frieslandstern Horum.