Sonnenhügel - Leisure
Situated in the middle of a sunny hill, a family holiday at the Familotel Sonnenhügel promises you both relaxing hours and lots of recreational fun. Around the hotel and the region of Bad Kissingen, you will find everything you need for a completely entertaining holiday.
Sunny recreational fun for our little guests.
At the Kinderhotel in Rhön, colourful entertainment is as much a part of our easy-going leisure pursuits as mini golf, bowling and table tennis. And these highlights will also make sure your children wear a smile:
- Indoor play area. In the approx. 1,200 square metre „Sonni KinderWelt made by eibe“, all your children’s dreams will come true. With a slide tower, an obstacle course, a kids’ climbing web and much more, we make sure that there’s no chance to mope. Not even in dull weather.
- Sonni-Club. It’s not just your children who will have fun: while the professional childcare providers at the Kinderhotel in Rhön go on exciting adventures with your little darlings or eat lunch with them, there’s time for a little downtime for you.
- Sonnenhügel WaterWorld. Your little water lovers will feel completely in their element here. As well as a bubbling waterfall, there are other highlights such as the elephant slide and funny water mushrooms. And even the adults can indulge themselves. Pack your swimsuit!
Sunny outlook for those looking for action.
Do you want to spend time doing sports and activities on your family holiday? Be our guest! Bad Kissingen is fantastically suited for jogging, hiking, Nordic walking and cycling. And even while you’re doing these activities, you can enjoy the unique panoramic views of the picturesque surroundings of the spa town.
- Sports courses. The weekly sports and leisure activities at the Familotel Bad Kissingen offer you countless courses to indulge your physical fitness. For example aerobics and Nordic walking.
- Tennis. In our very own tennis complex at the Familotel Bad Kissingen, you can use our two modern indoor courts all year round.
- Golf. If you’re a fan of golf, you can look forward to one of the best golf courses in Germany. Directly at the gates of Bad Kissingen, you are welcome to play as a guest at both the exclusive 18-hole course and the public 6-hole pay & play short course. And the best thing: you can take advantage of an exclusive green fee discount.
Sunny destinations for all.
Rhön has a multitude of sights and attractions to offer you and your family. For example, the 700 metre long double summer tobogganing track at the peak of the Wasserkuppe 50 kilometres away and the spectacular moor landscapes of the region. And these excursions will amaze you and your children:
Tip 1: Klaushof wildlife park.
Together with your children, discover animal species native to the area over about 30 hectares. The animal enjoyment in Bad Kissingen’s unique wildlife park is a great experience for the whole family!
Tip 2: Märchenwald Sambachshof theme park.
Experience the enchanted world of the Brothers Grimm in a completely different way. On easy-going circular routes, you can visit the fantastic castles with their moving and speaking figures. A large playground, carousels and a trip on the classic railway will make your visit unforgettable.
Tip 3: Bad Neustadt.
Do you want to experience Frankish hospitality, the romance of castles and an exciting history of culture up close and personal? Then be enchanted by the heart-shaped city wall or imposing Salzburg with its unique Cathedral.
You can get all the information about these and other leisure activities directly from the reception of the Familotel Sonnenhügel.