Wellness- & Familienhotel Egger Leisure
Leisure fun for all: holiday at the Wellness- & Familienhotel Egger
On your next family holiday, let yourself be enchanted by the picturesque mountain landscape of the Austrian Alps – and let yourself be impressed by the unique opportunities offered by the leisure paradise around the Wellness- & Familienhotel Egger. Here, you and your children are offered a programme year-round in which one highlight follows after the other and no desires are left unfulfilled. Excited? Then get packing your bags …
Jolly play fun for little guests.
The Wellness- & Familienhotel Egger knows what little and bigger guests want. Here, there is just the right thing for all age groups – lit-up children's eyes included. So your kids can look forward to a holiday full of fun and action. And of course to the following…
- Outdoor delight. Here, boredom has no chance. On the large and - of course - car-free outdoor area of the Wellness- & Familienhotel Egger, being outside is the in thing. And no wonder. After all, in addition to the magnificent natural landscape there is also a playground with a sandpit, swings, a climbing tower, an Indian tent, a huge trampoline, a bouncy castle and much more to discover. Especially popular with the kids: the transport park with its many vehicles. "Baby, you can drive my car" …
- Indoor themed play areas. If it's cold and stormy outside, thing's simply continue hot and stormy inside. This is because the two new club rooms of the Wellness- & Familienhotel Egger, designed with much care and creativity, are found here. These and a large Softplay complex offer plenty of freedom to play, dream, cuddle and do many other activities on an area of approximately 230 m2. Always there too: the hotel's experienced, professional children's and youth animators.
- Swimming fun. Little water rats are completely in their element in Egger's outdoor pool area! No wonder: a shallow, separated children's area is found here, ensuring joyous children's laughter with cheerful water features, a brilliant tower slide and the exciting rainbow water slide into the summer pool.
And the fun in the wet stuff continues in the winter as well – in the children's pool of the indoor pool area, with toy animals and water fountains. And comfortable seats ensure that you can always keep an eye on your dear little ones…
Creatainment workshops in Egger's summer academy
"3 things have remained with us from paradise: children, art and music!"
Under this motto, our guests, adults and teens, are warmly invited to discover their creativity.
- Acrylic painting course: The white canvas is waiting for them to bring colour into its life!
- Percussion workshop: Drumming on djembes, bongos and cajón, the sound of which echoes from the mountains!
- Drama improvisation workshop: Embark upon a journey into a world of surprises!
Fantastic opportunities for sporty types.
Whether cycling, mountain biking, swimming, hiking, Nordic walking, smoveyTRAINING, climbing, golfing or skiing, the Saalbach Hinterglemm region offers you many attractive options for a sporty, active family holiday, both in summer and in winter. With this selection, the choice is not easy for everyone:
- Tennis. Game, set and match! As guests of the Wellness- & Familienhotel Egger, a local tennis facility with its outdoor and indoor courts is available to you for free year-round. You can reach it conveniently on foot or by bike in just a few minutes. All you need to do is book your court…
- Golf. Hole in one! If you want to improve your golfing ability or your handicap while you are on holiday, you are in the right place in Saalbach-Hinterglemm. As well as being enthralled by the appealing dune landscapes and extensiveness of the golf courses in Saalfelden (20 min), Zell am See (20min) and Mittersill (45min), you will also be seized by sporting ambition.
- Climbing. If you want to fly at higher game on your holiday, a visit to the high-ropes park in the Saalbach Hinterglemm valley end is almost obligatory. On the courses of various levels at a height of between 3 and 40 metres, all your courage and all your skill are required. Safety does not go short either in this climbing adventure. Each participant hangs on a lifeline at all times and is doubly secured. Only flying is nicer! And even this daring adventure awaits you on the Europe Slide, on which you can hover from one side of the valley to the other!
- Winter sports. With the first snowfall, skiing recommends itself in the region around the Wellness- & Familienhotel Egger from December until April. The world-famous Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn skiing circuit is not only one of Austria's most beautiful and largest skiing regions, but also, indeed, offers you outstanding conditions for winter sports. In addition to rapid downhill skiing, snowshoe hiking and cross-country skiing are also on the agenda.
In the process, you and your children benefit from the indisputable top location of the Wellness- & Familienhotel Egger. Thanks to the hotel's own metro/cable car station, you do not need a bus or a shuttle service to get to the ski lift and thus into the ski resort. Just a few steps – and you are in the thick of the action. And should snow fail to fall, state-of-the-art snow machines will ensure snowy skiing and winter fun - guaranteed.
Exciting trip destinations for discoverers.
Would you like to get to know the land and the people around the Saalbach Hinterglemm region a bit better? Then go ahead! The top location of the Wellness- & Familienhotel Egger, with its good transport links, opens up a large number of unique trip destinations to you and your family. A day trip to Salzburg should be on your holiday itinerary, as should a visit to the Eisriesenwelt in Werfen. And you and your children will love the following as well:
Tip 1: Hohensalzburg Castle.
The largest fully preserved castle in Central Europe is part of the world-famous Salzburg Silhouette, which also includes Mirabell Palace and Salzburg Cathedral. Here, you and your little adventurers can experience history up close. And it is found in each crack in the wall and every nook and cranny of the 11th century complex. For example in the splendid prince's room, the illuminated lower chapel or the castle's eerie torture chamber. A particular highlight: the unique 360° panorama of the watchtower, which offers you a tremendous view of the baroque beauty of Mozart City.
Tip 2: Mozart's birthhouse.
Once you and your nearest and dearest are in Salzburg, you must, of course, visit Getreidegasse 9. Here, you can walk in the footsteps of one of the greatest musical geniuses of all time – and feel very close to the world-famous composer. The museum's unique exhibits include the violin Mozart had during his childhood, his clavichord and his piano forte as well as portraits and letters of the Mozart family. A musical journey in time that will enchant you as it does thousands of international visitors year-round.
Tip 3: Ferleiten Wildlife Park.
Between May and November, this wildlife park near the toll booth to the Grossglockner High Alpine Road is the eldorado for all nature lovers and animal photographers. And not without reason. It is not only hares and hedgehogs who say hello here – but also red and fallow deer, chamoises, marmots, wolves, brown bears and many other local species. A viewpoint tower, numerous information and display boards about the flora and fauna of the Alpine region and a large pond with seats and resting places for the whole family complete the offering.
Tip 4: Eisriesenwelt in Werfen.
Fancy some huge, ice-cold fun? Then you and your kids are definitely in the right place in the world's largest ice cave. Here, every year from May to October, you can plunge yourself into a cave labyrinth with a total passageway length of more than 40 kilometres, while your cave guide uses magnesium light to ensure effective illumination of the icy sculptures. Do not miss this globally unique natural spectacle made of rock and ice!
Do you now fancy some more leisure fun? Your hosts, the Egger family, have one or two more "secret tips" for you and will give you detailed information about the JOKERCARD. With this exclusive card – which is, of course, included for you as guests of the Wellness- & Familienhotel Egger – you can use all operational cable cars for free in summer. And you can also enjoy many other advantages and discounts.
This makes your family holiday together twice the fun!