Baby- und Kinderhotel Habachklause Childcare and activities
Pure recreational fun at Familotel Habachklause
You will never cease to be amazed when organising your free time at the Habachklause family hotel in the Salzburger Land. You are spoilt for choice with the activities on offer: hiking, climbing, biking or golfing, pony riding, searching for minerals or tobogganing, swimming, relaxing in the hotel’s own wellness area or working out in the fitness room – whatever you opt for, you will really get your money’s worth.
Baby and children’s club
The childcare team takes care of your children attentively and offers a variety-packed programme every day at the hotel’s own baby and children’s club. There’s a 680 sqm indoor soft play facility over two floors with slides, tunnels, ball pit, rope bridge and haunted castle that invites children to play and run riot to their heart’s content in the Fun & Action Park. A climbing wall and tower, doll’s kitchen, work bench, children’s disco, magic and cooking courses as well as many different games provide fun and laughter. There is no limit to how creative they can get in the separate arts and crafts corner. Then there’s dancing and singing with Clown Happy, Kogel Mogel and Kogel Mia.
- Outdoor playground: Children can slide, swing, jump and climb on the playground on the edge of the forest. Masterful sand cakes and castles are created in the giant covered sand pit. Things get turbulent too with football matches, bobby car rides and table football.
- Water playground: Pure paddling fun is guaranteed in the 33°C children’s and baby pool. Your children can whizz into the pleasant water on several slides.
- Petting zoo and mini farm: There’s always a lot going on here and geese, ducks, ponies, goats and sheep are just waiting to be fed and petted by your children.
- Children’s parties: Special children’s parties are held regularly at Familotel Habachklause where, for example, Indians and witches dart around the grounds and a bouncy castle, camp fire and barbecuing sausages provide hours of fun.
- Pony riding: The two ponies, Pergö and Sarah, and the mini ponies, Mary and Kleiner Donner, can hardly wait to be saddled up and make friends with your children. Children’s riding lessons take place at the riding centre on the hotel grounds for a fee, experienced riders can also go on hacks, by arrangement. There is a free riding session with the children’s club three times a week.
Wellness’ best side
- Indoor and outdoor pool: Rest and relaxation is guaranteed in the indoor panoramic pool with whirlpool jets, beautiful loungers and massage bench and a magical view over the Wildkogel-Arena in the Kitzbühel Alps. The spa garden, sunbathing lawn and spring water pool also invite you to relax outdoors.
- Saunas, infrared cabin and solarium: It gets comfortably warm in the hotel’s own solarium, mineral tepidarium, infrared cabin and herbal steam bath, and in the bio stone pine and Finnish sauna. Enjoy the pleasant temperatures and different smells and infusions.
- Massages and beauty in the “Healing Hand Spa”: You can be pampered with massages, for example for the back, legs, neck or whole body, in the wellness tower with view over the mountains and garden. Babies, children and teens can also be massaged. If you prefer beauty treatments, you will love the different options on offer for men, women and children.
- Fitness & gym: Get sporty and active in probably the smallest fitness studio in the world, where bikes, a treadmill, weights and power tower await you. You can reach great cycling, mountain bike, running and walking routes directly from the hotel.
Skiing and tobogganing
Children aged up to 5 learn to turn in the snow right in front of the hotel with a magic carpet and free drag lift. The toddlers’ course can be booked every week from December to about mid-March, always from Monday to Friday from 9.30 to 11.30 a.m. One special highlight is the final race on Friday with winners’ award ceremony, medal and certificate.
There are three top ski resorts situated around Familotel Habachklause: Wildkogel Arena, Zillertal-Arena and the Kitzbühel ski area with direct access to the gondola at the panoramic cable car in Hollersbach. All the resorts can be reached in just a few minutes. You can also join the Pinzga cross-country skiing trail right in front of the hotel.
You experience tobogganing fun for the whole family on the longest floodlit winter toboggan run in the world at 14 km from the Wildkogel at 2,000 m down to the emerald village of Bramberg.
Even more winter fun awaits you on the ski and toboggan slope covered with artificial snow with free drag lift right in front of the Habachklause family hotel. Sledging, snow disks and bobs are available.
Recreational opportunities around the family hotel in the Salzburger Land
The Salzburger Land offers families a vast variety of recreational opportunities that leave nothing to be desired. Enjoy the stunning surrounding area, for example with
Day trip tips in the region
Familotel Habachklause is the ideal starting point for adventurous day trips in the region. We present three options to you – you can get more tips, ideas and information from reception at the Baby- und Kinderhotel Habachklause.
Tip 1: Krimml Waterfalls
The waterfalls in Krimml in the Hohe Tauern National Park are a magnificent natural spectacle with a drop height of 380 m, which you should definitely see at least once.
Tip 2: Kogel Mogel adventure playground
Children can jump, balance, swing and climb on this wooden playground at an altitude of over 2,000 m above sea level while Mum and Dad enjoy the great view of the Hohe Tauern National Park’s many three thousand metre peaks. It can be reached in comfort by the Neukirchen Wildkogel cable car gondola on the Großvenediger.
Tip 3: Ferleiten wildlife park and the Großglockner High Alpine Road
There are plenty of opportunities for a break on the circular tour over the Großglockner, for example Ferleiten just before the toll station. Your children can watch marmots, mouflons, alpacas, owls, wolves etc. in the wildlife park, experience a breathtaking outing with the golf caddy or run riot in the 20,000 sqm adventure park.