Bauernhof-Hotel Oberkarteis Leisure
Pure children’s joy.
The Kinderhotel in Salzburger Land guarantees your child’s eyes will light up. No wonder, with the play and fun on offer here. And on top of this, there are great excursions, such as the Forest Day, Farmyard Day, Cowboy and Indian Day and Snack Day. And what do you think about:
- The children’s playground. There is nothing missing from the 3000 square metres: enough space to run around, play, build and experiment. With a fireplace, football pitch, pony riding centre, climbing tower with slide, a 4x4 metre giant covered sandpit, combi-swing, seesaw and zip wire. Plus go-karts, trampolines, table tennis and foosball. Oh yes: and there is much more!
- Amusement arcade. The 100 square metre indoor children’s meeting point offers a gym for playing football and basketball and running around as well as additional 80 square metre recreational rooms with table tennis, foosball, darts and billiards, slide and ball pool and much much more.
- Petting zoo, etc. 190 hectares of agricultural and forestry land offer lots of space for lots of animals. The ponies, Sonny and Lea, look forward to you visiting and riding them. In the mini children’s farmyard, rabbits and kittens and the pygmy goats, „Heidi“ and „Peter“ are waiting for you to stroke them. If you want to, you can help out in their stalls!
- New: The childcare room. 100 square metres in size, with a climbing frame, crawlers’ corner, construction corner, creative area, bedroom, children’s cloakroom, children’s toilets, washroom, changing table and tea kitchen for the little ones.
Pure family fun.
In Salzburger Land, you can discover the breathtaking alpine world on the beautiful hiking trails, when Nordic walking or by taking an extended cycle tour. All the trails begin right next to the Familienhotel in Salzburger Land. If you feel like doing more things together as a family, then this will definitely be of interest to you:
- The Rucki Zucki’s Gaudi-Alm play area in Großarl. The „Gaudi-Alm“, or the „Alpine pasture of fun“ in English — the name says it all. We all have fun here. A children’s pasture, mini farmyard, mountain stream, alpine lake, go-karting track and a crystal mine await you here.
- The „Keltenblitz“ summer tobogganing track on the Dürrnberg near Hallein. Spend some eventful hours on Salzburg’s longest summer tobogganing track. Fun and action for the whole family. And as the name suggests, you’ll travel like lightning, rapid and winding down towards the valley.
- The Geisterberg in St. Johann in Pongau. A leisure and adventure park for the whole family.
In Geisterdorf, discover the 4 worlds of the gnome, salamander, water sprite and sylph! Afterwards, the alpine leisure park has aerial swings, birds’ nests, a dragon climbing frame, a ghost tower, water games, a ghost lake and shooting galleries waiting for you — and all in the most fantastic panoramic setting!
By the way: You can hire bikes free-of-charge from the Bauernhof Hotel Oberkarteis if you want to take a bike ride. Including children’s seats and helmets.
As well as an unforgettable stay at the Familotel Salzburger Land, Salzburger Land also has many attractions and sights for you. We would like to give you three tips for excursions:
Tip 1: Salzburg.
So beautiful that the city is a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. So famous because of its sights, such as the Residenz, the Glockenspiel, the Cathedral, the Franciscan Church, the Pferdeschwemme Horse Well, the Hofstallgasse and Hohensalzburg Castle. As well as being the birthplace of Mozart.
Tip 2: Eisriesenwelt in Werfen.
Visit the largest ice-caves in the world and experience a unique natural spectacle made of rock and ice. Inside the caves, you will be wowed by the illuminated icy sculptures, which have developed here over millennia.
Tip 3: The salt mines in Hallein.
The oldest show mine in the world awaits you and your family. Go on a treasure hunt for „white gold“ and follow the mysterious, ancient galleries of the mystical mountain.
Tip 4: Hohenwerfen Castle.
Discover the well-maintained, medieval fortress and its extensive complex in the heart of the northern limestone alps in Pongau. A huge treat for little knights and princesses. Twice a day, there is also an impressive bird of prey demonstration.
All the information about these and other activities can be obtained from the hotel reception of the Familotel Bauernhof-Karteis.