Ebbinghof Childcare and activities
Hurray, holiday is here! So that you and your children get your full money's worth during your nice holiday together, we have produced a leisure package that is probably unique for family hotels in the Sauerland. After all, you ought to have as much fun, play and excitement as possible on your family holiday at Familotel Ebbinghof! Here we go…
The baby and toddler hotel offers your children a holiday packed full of exciting experiences that can be had only on a farm. With its more than 40 rabbits, goats and donkeys, among others, our petting zoo can hardly be topped. And with twilight hikes, tractor rides and treasure hunts as well, farmer Johannes knows how to thrill small and big guests alike. He also offers these:
- Baby lounge: For your little ones up to a metre in height, things are really cuddly here at the baby hotel. Naturally, the equipment offered in the baby lounge includes a changing table, a baby swing, a learn-to-walk mirror and many colourful and exciting toys …
- Massive playground: Here, on a playing area of over 2,000 m2, your dear ones can play and romp around to their heart's content, with a go-kart slope, trampolines, a sand lake and a double slide. The mud corner is particularly popular.
- Power barn: Is the weather not playing ball? We will keep playing anyway! And we will do so on an indoor playing area of more than 120 m2, with a fun corner with wood chips, a brilliant trampoline and much more. The highlight for your teens: exciting matches on the table football table and the table tennis table.
- Light-flooded indoor swimming pool: Pure swimming fun now awaits you at Familotel Ebbinghof, with the opening of our new, modern indoor pool with a warm paddling pool for children as well as a relaxation room with hanging loungers and a sauna extension for the adults.
Thanks to 85 hours of child supervision per week, you have time to enjoy our programme for adults, with many activities including qigong and Nordic walking courses, guided cycling tours, arts and crafts opportunities and theatre workshops. Of course, the are also many options around the Familotel Ebbinghof that offer fun for the whole family:
- Ebbinghof sports horse adventure: Naturally, you and your children can also experience the Sauerland on horseback. Our horses and ponies are just waiting for you! Whether you have no experience with horses or are already a well-practised rider is irrelevant. You can find full information on the opportunities offered by our children's hotel with horseriding/horses as well as further information on our horseriding lessons in the "Horseriding" section on this page.
- Schmallenberg high ropes climbing garden: Have you ever wanted to test out your limits? You have the chance to do so on the swinging beams and ropes of the climbing garden. To allow you to gain full enjoyment from the climbing fun at an airy height, professional guidance as well as helmets and belts are provided.
- Schmallenberg outdoor wave pool: "Let the water flow!" is the motto in the warm summer months. At that time of year, particular fun is on offer at the large outdoor wave pool, in the large sunbathing area and in the adventure area. A must for all water rats and naiads.
- Winter sports: If you come to us in the cold season, the largest ski resort north of the Alps awaits you in all its white splendour. Would you like to find out more about the outstanding winter sports offerings around the Familotel Ebbinghof Schmallenberg? Then simply click on "Winter sports", further towards the top of this page.
The choice is not so easy! The Sauerland is a real adventure realm with many attractive trip destinations. For example, you can visit wildlife parks and safari parks or go on extended day trips in the region. Here are just two of countless options:
Tip 1: The Wood Sculpture Path
A special type of artistic delight is offered to you by this hiking path, located between Bad Berleburg and Schmallenberg. Here, internationally renowned artists have eternalised themselves with unique sculptures and installations.
Tip 2: The Sauerland visitors' mine
Things get exciting and also a bit eerie in the former mine if you travel down into the mysterious "underworld" on an original mine train. A not everyday adventure for small and big visitors alike.
Do you want to find out more about the leisure opportunities near Familotel Ebbinghof Schmallenberg and the bioenergy village? We are happy to give you many further tips after you arrive. Of course, we can also give you information about the SauerlandCard, which allows you to take advantage of many free offerings an discounts during your holiday.