Family Home Alpenhof Leisure
What one needs to be happy, one finds here — at Familotel Alpenhof. At any time of day. At any time of year. In winter, the white splendour invites visitors to ski, cross-country ski, sledge, ice-skate or go on a snowshoe hike. In summer, hiking, climbing, swimming and cycling are the order of the day. In short: pure leisure and nature enjoyment.
If the children are happy, the parents are also content. And at the Alpenhof children's hotel, none of your children will get bored - that is guaranteed. There is always something to experience and to discover. This is also ensured by the weekly leisure programme and action-packed outdoor encounters. Or these "happylights":
- Happy Club: Here, your children become only one thing: happy. This is ensured by the Soft Play playpark, the climbing wall and play kitchen, a creative painting island and tricky wall games. There are also brilliant books, lego building blocks and board games. Playing makes kids hungry. Therefore, baking, roasting and kneading goes on in the light-drenched and large Happy Club kitchen.
- Funny Box: For teenagers, the greatest thing. Having fun and hanging out with friends. The club offers everything that young people today want: table football, air hockey, table tennis, a chill-out lounge with cool music and a Wi-Fi internet connection. Cool!
- Murmel Nido: The paradise for babies and toddlers at the South Tyrol baby hotel. Here, parents can cuddle, crawl and play with their babies, with the little ones being trustingly supervised. They can play, for example, with rattles, on the rocking horse, on the crawling mat or in the fun baby tunnel.
- Murmel Park: The incomparable fun and play area in the South Tyrol children's hotel! In this playground "MurmelPark", designed by wood designer H.G. Kellner, playing becomes a very special experience. The brilliance of this play area brings out the child in adults - whether it be sliding, swinging, climbing, balancing, trampoline-jumping, driving pedal go-karts or splashing about and getting muddy in the Murmel Park water play structure, in the sandpit and in the kids' villa! Anything is possible. And all that in safe areas.
The Alpenhof family hotel is the perfect place for joint undertakings. At the high-altitude sunny plateau of Meransen, you and your family will find a varied, active range of sports and family opportunities. The winter highlights: skiing, snowboarding, sledging and skating.
The winter sports resort of Gitschberg Jochtal is a dream for families who want to spend their winter holiday actively. Of course, digging a cool igloo, building the biggest snowman or having a fun snowball fight also have their place. The summer highlights: paragliding, climbing,
fishing, canyoning, rafting, kayaking, Nordic walking, jogging, tennis, mini golf and much more. Or how about...:
- Hiking tours: the numerous hiking paths and alps in the breathtaking South Tyrolean landscape are brilliant for outings. Brilliant hiking tips include: Meransen Altfasstal, the small Meransen circular panoramic hiking trail, the Rodenwecker Alm or the Fanealm in Fals.
- Bike & mountain bike: There are cycling trips for all age groups. With children of 4 years or older you can go on a cycling trip from Mühlbach into the Puster Valley in the direction of Bruneck or from Innichen to Lienz in East Tyrol. In Meransen itself, the well signposted, alpine trails are particularly suitable for sporty, challenging trips. You can hire adult bikes right at the Familotel Alpenhof. You can obtain mountain bike trip tips at the reception.
- High ropes garden: The Kronaction high ropes garden is located beside the Issing Pond in Pfalzen. It offers a lot of fun and is a nerve jangler. There is something for everyone there, from the beginners' course to the pirates course to the allrounder and expert courses. Let's go!
And after the undertakings with the family, you can relax in superb fashion on the panoramic terrace, in the swimming world and laser sauna, in the Alpenhof Spa, with massages or in the fitness club. Wonderful!
Trip tips that make happy.
At the South Tyrol family hotel you will find everything you need for a brilliant family holiday. However, the surrounding area also has a few things to offer. Here, we would like to give you three nice trip tips for all seasons:
Tip 1: Bolzano & Ötzi.
Enjoy the flair and the southern air of the Tyrolean arcades. And pay Ötzi – the man from the ice — a visit at the Archaeological Museum. You see, a trip to Bolzano is doubly worth it.
Tip 2: The Mining Museum in the Ridnauntal.
The museum offers a large number of tours and educational trails. The museum consists of five museum structures: mining world, mining museum, adventure mine, exhibition mine and climatic gallery. Very interesting and exciting for families.
Tip 3: Rodengo Castle.
The fortified castle is located between Schabs and Mühlbach on a narrow rock projection that drops down steeply to the Rienza gorge. You will be amazed: no-one remains unimpressed by its mighty position and its numerous rooms and cellars. Part of Rodengo Castle is even still lived in today.
You can obtain more information about these and other opportunities at the reception of Familotel Alpenhof.