But first of all: please don’t take the phrase „free time“ literally. Because at the Familotel in South Tyrol, you will definitely have an amazing time, but there’s one thing you won’t have with all our many great opportunities to experience things — much free time. But if you want to switch off after doing so much in and out of the hotel, then the beautiful sauna complex, an indoor pool and a beauty department await you.
Great for kids.
At the Kinderhotel in Vals, there is all sorts of rip-roaring fun to be had. No wonder really, as Hubi the Bear is around to ensure that your children are not missing a thing. Hubi’s children’s world alone has 400 square metres of space to race around. But the many other leisure time activities are also „beary“ good, as these examples show:
- For teens, the chill-out lounge is perfect for hanging out. Listen to cool music, talk with friends or use the new „Twall“ training equipment to brush up your reaction rates and endurance. In the Haus Anewand, you can play table tennis, foosball, billiards and Playstation II.
- They can go crazy at the children’s playground. There’s a trampoline, slide, seesaw, swings, climbing frame and sandpit.
- At the theatre, children can rehearse plays and become little stars. Or marvel at real-life child stars on the silver screen at the cinema.
Hubi's children´s world
For young children, Hubi's children’s world has a doll’s kitchen, a reading corner, giant lego bricks, soft blocks, tricycles, a Punch and Judy show, lots of games that you can borrow and a children’s library.
The Indian Village with adventure park is just 1 km from the hotel. It’s worth the trip as you can climb trees here, make campfires, play Cowboys and Indians in the teepees and clamber about on the cargo nets and climbing frame.
New Huber farm
The Huber farm is right next to the hotel. Little calves, cows, goats and rabbits are waiting for you to pet them and feed them.
Great for families.
Go on holiday together, but then spend your time on separate activities? The Familienhotel in Vals offers everything you’ll need to make sure that a family holiday in South Tyrol is really a proper family holiday. Because being together is still the best thing. A couple of examples:
- Family hikes. 2 family hikes a week are offered, including free rental of children’s rucksacks, baby carriers and buggies. For example, take a hike through the Rodeneck alpine pasture, looking out over the Brixen Basin and the Eisack Valley. Or on the Kneipp naturopathic route across the alpine pasture in the Altfass Valley. At 4 stations along the way, you can tread water and follow the healing exercises by Sebastian Kneipp.
- Mountain biking. Take advantage of our free mountain bike hire. Then jump in the saddle and off you go along the countless alpine pasture and mountain trails in the Dolomites. Enjoy the beautiful sights and demanding ascents.
- The Lama centre near Sterzing offers plenty of animal fun, or why not try horse riding. In Pfalzen and Lüsen, there are several riding stables.
- The 1,500 square metre Alpinpool in Meransen will provide lots of fun with a swimming pool, children’s pool, multi-sensory showers and sauna complex.
Great for everyone.
There’s also lots going on around the Familienhotel Huber. And you are bound to be completely satisfied with the day trip suggestions below:
Tip 1: Ötzi Museum.
Pay Ötzi „The Iceman“ a visit at the Museum of Archaeology in Bozen — one of the most famous and significant mummies in the world.
Tip 2: Rodeneck Castle.
The fortress, situated high above the Rienzschlucht in Rodeneck, will enchant you with its powerful beauty. You will be constantly amazed as you wander through the countless rooms and cellars. Part of Rodeneck Castle is actually still inhabited.
Tip 3: Brixen
Brixen is the oldest city in Tyrol and has been a medieval Episcopal city since 901. The coexistence of the city and mountain villages, Italian zest for life and South Tyrolean friendliness give Brixen its special character. 300 days of sunshine a year guarantee warm southerly enjoyment of the Alpine region.
All the information about these and other activities can be obtained from the hotel reception of the Familotel Huber.