A great deal to experience.
When it comes to leisure opportunities, there is actually nothing that is not on offer at Familotel Sonnwies. Here, everyone gets their money's worth. Whether hiking, mountain biking, rafting or skiing. Parents and children have fun playing and doing sports or relax in the nice wellness area, which includes an indoor pool and a sauna. In addition, the Dolomites family hotel offers its own outdoor children's entertainment programmes throughout the year. And in winter you have the opportunity to go sledging, snowshoe hiking and skiing. Right beside the hotel there is an 800 m-long practice hill, with a ski school, a ski hiring service and a ski lift as well as a brilliant kids snow park.
Particularly nice for kids.
Kids, what fun! At the Dolomites children's hotel, no-one gets bored. Whether inside or outside — variety is always ensured. Here are a few highlights:
- 10,000 m2 TÜV-tested playgrounds ensure 10,000 brilliant adventures.
- More than 20 different play attractions for all age levels await the children, for example: Indian tent with a stake, beach volleyball, play house with doll's kitchen, climbing wall, giant trampoline, football pitch, chute, flying fox, rubber belt trampoline and rocker.
- The hotel's own farm is right beside it. With a petting zoo and ponies to ride.
- For babies there is the Happy Club, with all-round care and supervision. Their own area, equipped with everything a toddler needs — even a mini kitchen.
- For kids from 3 to 7 there is huge fun thanks to a massive choice on a 250 m2 playing surface. For example: huge Lego bricks, a cosy corner, a doll's kitchen and doll house, a chute, Bobbycars, tractors and an indoor climbing wall.
- For teenagers, the offerings range from a Playstation to internet surfing, table football, table tennis and a cinema screen.
Particularly nice for families.
A holiday together at the South Tyrol family hotel is even nicer if families can also do something together. This, for example:
Lüsen natural swimming pond with a giant chute and a kids' pool. Free entry for families! Fun butter tub hike on Grandma Adelheid's alp. Here, butter and cheese is made. Guided Nordic walking tours at Lüsen Nordic walking centre. Climbing courses with a state-certified mountain guide (for an extra charge).
You will love the new Family Wellness Spa at the Dolomites family hotel. For the children there is an indoor swimming pool with a kids' pool, a chute and a kids' sauna with a cinema! The adults can relax in the large wellness complex with a so-called "Brechelbad", a steam sauna, a parlour sauna, a hay bath, a thermal spa, massage rooms and a relaxation room with water beds. Those who like to swim outside can do so in the splendid natural pond. A fitness studio is also available for the parents.
Particularly nice trip tips.
Familotel Sonnwies is the ideal starting point for trips into the region — in direct proximity to the Eisack Valley Dolomites, to the towns of Brixen, Bolzano and Sterzing and to the high apple plateau Natz Schabs. We would like to present three nice destinations to you:
Tip 1: Bolzano & Ötzi.
A trip to Bolzano is doubly worth it. Enjoy the flair and the southern air of the Tyrolean arcades. And pay Ötzi — the man from the ice — a visit at the Archaeological Museum.
Tip 2: The Mining Museum in the Ridnauntal.
Interesting and exciting for families. It offers a large number of tours and educational trails — and consists of five museum structures: mining world, mining museum, adventure mine, exhibition mine and climatic gallery.
Tip 3: High ropes garden.
The high ropes garden in Issing, near Bruneck, promises exciting acrobatics on ropes, on bridges and between high trees — securely belted and doubly secured.
You can obtain more information about these and other opportunities at the reception of Familotel Sonnwies.