There's a lot going on here. At Familotel Zauchenseehof.
At the Zauchenseehof family hotel, you and your family are offered an exciting and varied summer holiday in Salzburger Land. From play to sport. From adventure to recreation. And there's more: the Salzburger Land Card allows you to experience 190 trip destinations in the surrounding area for free, such as castles, palaces, museums, a zoo, water features, nature experiences, a summer toboggan run, outdoor pools and thermal baths.
Let's go, kids – time to play.
For children, play and fun are on the agenda throughout the day at the Hotel Zauchenseehof Zauchensee – with Bobo the Penguin doing his bit to ensure this. From Bobo's painting competition to Bobo's party, he has thought of everything. And your children call the tune here too:
- Bobo's Adventure World. With the expansion of the new Bobo’s Adventure World at the Hotel Zauchenseehof, a kids' world was created on two floors that offers everything a child's heart desires: tunnel slides, climbing walls, Bobo's pirate ship, a kids' workshop, a doll's kitchen, a children's library & a children's games room, a cosy & feel-good corner, a children's cinema and a gym hall.
- An arts and crafts and creative area awaits the older kids. The youth area offers the chance to chill out.
- The Magic Mountains offering opens up many attractions to the children in the outdoor area, such as the funcourt for playing basketball and football, the beach volleyball court, the 6-part trampoline complex, table tennis, chess, inline skates and bicycle hire.
Let's go, families – time to do something.
Those who enjoy being on mountains or by lakes and those who enjoy the fresh air are at the right place at the Zauchenseehof Zauchensee. Nordic walking trips, family hikes, mountain bikes, golfing, beach volleyball, self-defence courses and table tennis are on offer. And 3 x per week, 1 ride on the Gamskogel chairlift up to Seekarsee and the marble playground is also included. More family highlights:
- Cycling in the large, excellently signposted cycling network of the Altenmarkt-Zauchensee region; here, everyone finds their optimal stretch of track. From a relaxing cycling trip along level ground and small ascents to a steep climb followed by a rapid downhill ride over rough and smooth.
- Horseriding. Three riding stables in Altenmarkt ensure an unforgettable riding experience in lessons or free riding, right at the farm or off tarmacked roads. One or multi-day rides lead through a 200 km-long riding network through a unique, slightly hilly low-mountain-range location. Whether beginners, trail riders, western riders, dressage riders, show jumpers or military riders – here, horse lover experience the beauty of trail riding with all the senses.
- Magic Mountains Summer Club. The most popular summer club in the Alps offers fun and action not just for kids but for the whole family. Every week, the is a 50-hour entertainment programme, from the Magic Fruits (3-6 years) to the Magic Youth (14-17 years). Aerobics, archery, cycling and hiking is offered for adults.
Time for brilliant trips.
The Hotel Zauchenseehof Zauchensee is also the perfect starting point for experiencing a great deal in the near surrounding area of the Altenmarkt-Zauchensee region. We would like to present to you three of countless options:
Tip 1: Liechtensteinklamm in Sankt Johann/Pg.
One of the longest and deepest gorges in the Alps. The powerful noise of the waterfall and a legendary atmosphere fascinate from the first moment. There is barely a visitor who is not overwhelmed by the powerful impression and the almost ghostly seeming array of light and shadows in the depth and narrowness of the gorge.
Tip 2: Sky Walk in Schladming.
The most spectacular viewpoint platform in the Alps. Experience unique views. The view downwards is of the 250-metre, vertically dropping rock face of the Hunerkogel. The view into the distance opens up an incomparable alpine panorama. In addition to the viewpoint platform, you can also look forward to a roundtrip around the mountain station of the Dachstein Glacier Lift. It reveals to you the most attractive views of the impressive Dachstein south face and the most beautiful peaks in the Alps.
Tip 3: Salzburg.
The festival and Mozart city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is only about 66 km away from Altenmarkt-Zauchensee. Recommended sites include Hohensalzburg Castle, the baroque cathedral, the Franciscan Church, the university church and the birthhouse of Mozart.
You can obtain all the information about these and other opportunities at the reception of Familotel Zauchenseehof.